I'm proud of taking part in the effort to defeat this bill, and I'm proud of all of you who helped, no matter how small the contribution. I've learned several lessons from the last couple of months as this threat rose and was resolved:
- There are people ready to set examples at your expense, even when you think it's far-fetched.
- These people usually have sincere motivations, but their allies do not always share them.
- Legislation has a life of its own, often an absurd one.
- Prompt, canny and persistent action can prevail against the opposition's head start.
- A campaign needs as many allies as possible; be creative.
- It is important to stay focused, collected and generous.
- Never lie.
- Combat blog campaigns the way Hercules defeated the Hydra.